colorful possibilities to spend spare time
Steeply rising mountains, limpid lakes and romantic castles are the most famous landmarks of Schwangau.
Schwangau is located in Bavaria (Bayern), southern germany, close to the austrian border.
The area and our attractions are very much influenced by King Ludwig II of Bavaria (*1845 - +1886):
- the royal castles Neuschwanstein & Hohenschwangau
- heated outdoor swimming, salt-water thermal bath, solarium, sauna landscape and oriental hamam in the "Königliche Kristall-Therme" (royal crystal-therm)
The holiday opportunities and facilities are unequalled. To mention but a few of the highlights:
- Lake Forggensee with an area of 16 square kilometers is a paradise for water sport enthusiasts, unspoilt by buildings and freely accessible almost all the way round.
- Take the Tegelberg mountain cable railway up to an altitude of 1720 m (1,05 miles) in a matter of minutes. Enjoy the unique view from the panorama terrace. It's here that the intrepid hanggliders and paragliders.
- Kids will love the summer luge (tobbogan)
- There are 120 km (80 miles) of hiking trails in Schwangau, its alpine character preserved by the protected mountain world.
- Extensive network of bicycle paths.